|Kale||2 Pound, prepared for cooking|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine / bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
1. Roughly chop the kale.
2. In a saucepan, add kale along with water and salt.
3. Cover the pan and place on a medium flame.
4. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, lifting the lid occasionally, until tender
5. Drain the cooking liquid
6. Finely chop the kale and add to a bowl.
7. Season with pepper and butter or drippings and toss well
8. 8. Serve kale warm by itself or combine with other vegetables to make a salad.
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg5.4%
Sodium 593.2 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 701.2% Vitamin C 453.6%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet