|Cabbage||1 Medium, cut in 8 wedges and parboiled|
|Yellow onion||1 Medium, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarse dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced dill/1/2 teaspoon dried dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned condensed beef consomme||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Generously grease a 2 ½ quart casserole or baking dish with butter.
3. Drain the blanched cabbage well.
4. Take a sauté pan and melt butter.
5. Add onions and sauté for about 10to 12 minutes until it is soft and lightly caramelized.
6. Tip in crumbs, parsley, and dill and stir well to mix with the onions.
7. Tip the drained cabbage into the buttered casserole
8. Over the cabbage, pour consommé and sprinkle salt and pepper.
9. Top cabbage with onion and crumb mixture.
10. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil
11. Bake for 45-50 minutes until cabbage is tender
12. Remove lid or foil and continue baking for 15-20 minutes longer to gratinate.
13. Spoon the cabbage straight from the casserole.
14. Tastes best when eaten hot.