Braised Red Cabbage
|Red cabbage head||1 Medium, finely shredded|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple||1 , thinly sliced|
1. In a large non stick skillet, add the shredded cabbage and place the pan over a medium flame.
2. Cover the pan and allow the cabbage to soften in its own moisture for about 5 minutes.
3. When the cabbage has wilted slash in the wine, vinegar. Sprinkle the sugar and salt over the cabbage and lightly sauté to mix.
4. Replace the lid on the pan and simmer the cabbage for another 10 minutes till tender.
5. Finally arrange the apple slices over the cabbage, cover again and cook further for 5 minutes.
6. Serve this sweet and sour braised cabbage hot with meats or chill before serving as a salad.
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.3%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1307.8 mg54.5%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.4%
Dietary Fiber 28 g112.2%
Sugars 85.7 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 279.8% Vitamin C 1193.3%
Calcium 57% Iron 56.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet