Braised Red Cabbage
|Red cabbage head||1 Medium, finely shredded|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple||1 , thinly sliced|
1. In a large non stick skillet, add the shredded cabbage and place the pan over a medium flame.
2. Cover the pan and allow the cabbage to soften in its own moisture for about 5 minutes.
3. When the cabbage has wilted slash in the wine, vinegar. Sprinkle the sugar and salt over the cabbage and lightly sauté to mix.
4. Replace the lid on the pan and simmer the cabbage for another 10 minutes till tender.
5. Finally arrange the apple slices over the cabbage, cover again and cook further for 5 minutes.
6. Serve this sweet and sour braised cabbage hot with meats or chill before serving as a salad.