Simple Curried Cabbage
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|White onion||1 Small, quartered and sliced|
|Cabbage||1 Small, cored and quartered|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice/Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large skillet, add oil to heat up.
2) Add mustard seeds and turmeric and wait for popping up.
3) Next put the onion to sauté for some time, until the onions turn translucent.
4) Add cabbage to the onions and season with salt. Combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
5) Cook the cabbage for some time over medium heat, until the cabbage starts to wilt. Keep on stirring the cabbage strips, unless it becomes ready.
6) Transfer on a serving platter and season the salad with lemon or lime juice.
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 410.6 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 96.7%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet