Sweet And Sour Cabbage
|Cooking apples||2 , peeled, cored and thinly sliced|
|Onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Port wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F, Gas Mark 2.
2) Grate the cabbage after discarding the hard stalk.
3) Take a casserole and put the cabbage into it in alternating layers with the apples and onions.
4) Add salt, pepper and sugar to each layer.
5) Place the herbs in the middle layer.
6) Spoon over the port wine and vinegar and cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
7) Serve hot.