Thousand Layer Cabbage
|Chinese cabbage head||1⁄2 Medium|
|Cornstarch||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Lean ground pork||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Minced green onion||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Finely minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oyster flavored sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch solution||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Cook cabbage leaves for 2 minutes in boiling water. Dry and sprinkle leaves with cornstarch. Reserve.
2. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients and mix well; set aside.
3. Spread filling mixture thinly and evenly on each leaf approximately V" (0.75 cm) thick. Stack leaves on a plate, one on top of the other, with meat facing down.
4. Steam stuffed cabbage for 18-20 minutes over medium-high heat.
5. While steaming, prepare sauce. Combine all ingredients except cornstarch solution and bring to a boil. Thicken with cornstarch solution and keep warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 782 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.4 mg49.1%
Sodium 1730.1 mg72.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 52 g104.8%
Vitamin A 381.3% Vitamin C 324.8%
Calcium 46.5% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet