Mashed Potatoes With Cabbage
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, shredded|
|Scallions with tops||6 , chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||5 Tablespoon, softened (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon, Divided)|
1) Heat 1 inch salted water ( 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water) to boiling.
2) Add potatoes.
3) Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
4) Cover and cook until tender, 30 to 35 minutes; drain.
5) Heat cabbage, scallions, water and 1/8 teaspoon salt to boiling; reduce heat.
6) Cover and simmer until crisp-tender, 5 to 10 minutes; drain.
7) Mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
8) Beat in milk in small amounts.
9) Add 1/4 cup margarine, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper; beat until potatoes are light and fluffy.
10) Stir in cabbage and scallions; dot with margarine.