|Butter||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Ground veal||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Cooked rice||250 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Celery salt||1 Pinch|
– Chop off top portion of cabbage and scoop out the middle.
– In a skillet, melt butter and saute onion.
– Add ground veal, cooked rice, celery salt, and savory. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
– Fill cabbage cavity with this mixture, replace top of cabbage, then place stuffed cabbage in cheesecloth, tie with string and set aside.
– In a large saucepan, pour water up to 3 1/2 inches (9 cm) from top, boil water and season with salt.
– Place wrapped stuffed cabbage in boiling water, reduce heat and poach stuffed cabbage for 35 minutes over low heat.
– Remove stuffed cabbage from water and drain on paper towel.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1470 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.5%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 474.5 mg158.2%
Sodium 1095.1 mg45.6%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.4%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 112 g223.4%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 331%
Calcium 35.1% Iron 60.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet