|Butter||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Ground veal||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Cooked rice||250 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Celery salt||1 Pinch|
– Chop off top portion of cabbage and scoop out the middle.
– In a skillet, melt butter and saute onion.
– Add ground veal, cooked rice, celery salt, and savory. Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
– Fill cabbage cavity with this mixture, replace top of cabbage, then place stuffed cabbage in cheesecloth, tie with string and set aside.
– In a large saucepan, pour water up to 3 1/2 inches (9 cm) from top, boil water and season with salt.
– Place wrapped stuffed cabbage in boiling water, reduce heat and poach stuffed cabbage for 35 minutes over low heat.
– Remove stuffed cabbage from water and drain on paper towel.