Stir Fried Sweet And Pungent Preserved Cabbage
|Cabbage||1 Pound, preserved|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Rinse and cut cabbage as above.
2. In one cup, combine cornstarch, sugar and vinegar. In another cup, blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add preserved cabbage and stir-fry to coat with oil.
4. Add remaining water and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes more over medium heat.
5. Stir in cornstarch-sugar mix to blend (1 to 2 minutes). Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.