Stir Fried Sweet And Pungent Preserved Cabbage
|Cabbage||1 Pound, preserved|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Rinse and cut cabbage as above.
2. In one cup, combine cornstarch, sugar and vinegar. In another cup, blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add preserved cabbage and stir-fry to coat with oil.
4. Add remaining water and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes more over medium heat.
5. Stir in cornstarch-sugar mix to blend (1 to 2 minutes). Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 516 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.9%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 83.8 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46.1%
Sugars 29.5 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 276.7%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet