I can see this Stir Fried Sweet And Pungent Preserved Cabbage recipe staying in my house for generations. The taste of this Stir Fried Sweet And Pungent Preserved Cabbage dish remains in your mouth long after you have eaten it. Truly delicious!
1 Pound, preserved
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Rinse and cut cabbage as above.
2. In one cup, combine cornstarch, sugar and vinegar. In another cup, blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add preserved cabbage and stir-fry to coat with oil.
4. Add remaining water and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes more over medium heat.
5. Stir in cornstarch-sugar mix to blend (1 to 2 minutes). Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.