Deep Fried Bamboo Shoots And Salted Cabbage
|Dried salted cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Soak dried salted cabbage.
2. Cut bamboo shoots in strips, as for French-fried potatoes. Cut soaked cabbage in l inch sections.
3. Heat oil and deep-fry bamboo shoots until pale golden. Drain on paper toweling. Sprinkle with salt and sugar; keep warm.
4. In another pan, heat sesame oil. Add cabbage and stir-fry to heat through. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
5. Arrange cabbage strips on a platter with bamboo shoots on top, and serve at once.