Deep Fried Bamboo Shoots And Salted Cabbage
|Dried salted cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Soak dried salted cabbage.
2. Cut bamboo shoots in strips, as for French-fried potatoes. Cut soaked cabbage in l inch sections.
3. Heat oil and deep-fry bamboo shoots until pale golden. Drain on paper toweling. Sprinkle with salt and sugar; keep warm.
4. In another pan, heat sesame oil. Add cabbage and stir-fry to heat through. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
5. Arrange cabbage strips on a platter with bamboo shoots on top, and serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 454
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.1%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 623 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 11.2 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet