Stir Fried Pork And Preserved Mustard Cabbage
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Preserved mustard||1⁄2 Pound|
|Fresh root ginger||1|
|Stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1 Slice pork thin against the grain. Combine cornstarch, soy sauce, sherry, sugar and peanut oil; then add to pork and toss to coat.
2. Rinse preserved mustard cabbage and wring dry; cut in 1/2 inch sections. Crush ginger root.
3. Blend remaining cornstarch, cold water and pepper to a paste.
4. Place preserved cabbage in a dry pan and stir fry gently over medium heat until dry (3 to 4 minutes). Remove from pan.
5. Heat oil. Add salt, then ginger root and brown lightly. Add pork and stir fry until it begins to brown (about 3 to 4 minutes). Remove from pan.
6. Heat remaining oil. Return preserved cabbage and stir fry 2 minutes over high heat to restore crunchiness; then sprinkle with sugar and vinegar.
7. Return pork and stir fry a few times. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.