|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cream butter or margarine with sugar until light and smooth.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Sift flour baking powder and salt together, then add to creamed mixture gradually, mixing well after each addition.
4. Chill mixture for 5-10 minutes if very soft.
5. Shape it into a roll or rolls 2 inches in diameter on waxed paper. Wrap in the paper, then chill or freeze.
6. To use, cut round slices 1/8 inch thick from end of roll. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake without thawing for 10 minutes at 375°F until pale gold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1871 Calories from Fat 854
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.4%
Saturated Fat 59.5 g297.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453.4 mg151.1%
Sodium 1208.3 mg50.3%
Total Carbohydrates 240 g80.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 165.3 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 61.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 76.1% Iron 40.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet