|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cream butter or margarine with sugar until light and smooth.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Sift flour baking powder and salt together, then add to creamed mixture gradually, mixing well after each addition.
4. Chill mixture for 5-10 minutes if very soft.
5. Shape it into a roll or rolls 2 inches in diameter on waxed paper. Wrap in the paper, then chill or freeze.
6. To use, cut round slices 1/8 inch thick from end of roll. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake without thawing for 10 minutes at 375°F until pale gold.