|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Blanched slivered toasted almond||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl; stir in brown sugar.
2. Melt butter or margarine in small saucepan; cool.
3. Beat eggs in a small bowl; stir in cooled butter or margarine, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir into flour mixture until well blended.
4. Spread in a greased 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with almonds; press lightly into batter.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Calories 1052 Calories from Fat 343
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 140.8 mg46.9%
Sodium 478.6 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g55.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 115.3 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 27.2% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet