1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl; stir in brown sugar.
2. Melt butter or margarine in small saucepan; cool.
3. Beat eggs in a small bowl; stir in cooled butter or margarine, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir into flour mixture until well blended.
4. Spread in a greased 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with almonds; press lightly into batter.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.