|Sifted all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Light brown sugar||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Blanched slivered toasted almond||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl; stir in brown sugar.
2. Melt butter or margarine in small saucepan; cool.
3. Beat eggs in a small bowl; stir in cooled butter or margarine, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir into flour mixture until well blended.
4. Spread in a greased 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with almonds; press lightly into batter.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.