Try this "in demand" French fry alternative, courtesy of Dr. Janet Brill from her book "Cholesterol Down"
2 Large, cut like french fries
Vegetable cooking oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and core the butternut squash; cut into strips like French fries.
3. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
4. Spray the lined baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the butternut squash French fries in a single layer.
5. Spray with cooking oil spray and sprinkle salt on top.
6. Bake it in the oven for 40 minutes until the edges are brown and crisp.
7. Serve hot butternut squash fries for healthy snacking.