|Cake flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In a medium dry bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar. Keep aside.
2. In a large bowl, break eggs.
3. Use an electric beater or a wire whisk to beat the eggs until well blended and thick,
4. While whisking constantly but lightly, fold in the dry ingredients, alternately adding buttermilk. Alternately, make the batter in a food processor if you like, stopping the motor once or twice to scrape flour from the side of container with a rubber spatula.
5. Once the batter is smooth, cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cooking.
6. Heat a lightly oiled 6-7 inch crepe pan or frying pan, preferably non-stick.
7. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan. They should bounce about.
8. Use a ladle or a measure cup to pour 1/4 cup batter in the center of the pan.
9. Quickly and swiftly swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly in a thin layer.
10. Cook for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned at the bottom and top surface is dry to touch.
11. Remove onto a wax paper lined plate.
12. Continue to make remaining blintzes and stack to cool.
13. Fill blintzes with your choice of filling like cherry or cream cheese, brown in butter and serve topped with sour cream and preserves if you like.