Buttermilk Baked Halibut
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Halibut steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Pieces)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Reduced fat mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (For Dusting)|
|Lemon||1 , cut into 4 wedges|
1. In a shallow dish large enough to hold the fish snugly in one layer, combine the buttermilk, salt, and pepper. Add the fish and marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 500°. Lightly grease a shallow baking dish.
3. Place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Drain the halibut thoroughly on paper towels and then dip both sides of the steaks in the bread crumbs, reserving the excess. Arrange the fish in the prepared baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise, yogurt, wine, and onion. With a spatula, carefully spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over the fish. Cover evenly with the remaining bread crumbs and dust with paprika. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork.
5. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 0.96 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.1 mg18.7%
Sodium 311.3 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 41 g81.1%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 16.5% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet