Butter Cream Centers
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon (In 1/2 Teaspoon Hot Water)|
1) In a saucepan, place together sugar, water, and cream of tartar.
2) Heat the sugar mixture to 238°-240° on a candy thermometer.
3) Stir in the baking soda and hot water together mixed.
4) Transfer the sugar mixture onto cool marble or a stainless steel pan.
5) Allow to cool for 5 minutes, or until lukewarm in center, about 110-115° on a candy thermometer.
6) Mix and rub for 5 minutes and add in butter.
7) Work like fondant until cool and thick for about 10 minutes.
8) Using hands knead for1 minute.
9) Mix in nuts or other flavorings.
10) Allow to cool the mixture and shape into balls for dipping in melted chocolate, if desired.