On this video I will show you how to make an authentic White Castle Slider. Enjoy!
80% lean ground beef
1 1⁄4 Pound
Dehydrated onion flakes
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
Salt & pepper
16 Small, sliced (mini buns from Sara Lee)
1. Draw a grid of 16 3- inch squares on a parchment paper. Place the ground beef on it and spread it gently with your fingers. Place another parchment paper over it and using rolling pin spread the beef to cover the grid.
2. Use a serrated knife to cut the beef into the 3 inch squares. Place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the freezer and using a stainless steel tube and make 5 holes on each square. Return them to the freezer for another hour.
4. In a bowl soak the dehydrated onion flakes in the hot water for around 30 minutes.
5. Prepare the grill and place a cast iron griddle over it.
6. Spread the soaked onions over the heated griddle to form a layer. Arrange the beef patties on the onions in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place the mini bun slices over the patties in layers and let them steam for around 7 minutes or till the beef is fully cooked.
8. Scoop the patty between the bun slices along with onions and place on a plate.
9. Serve the white castle slider with fries and drinks.