Aussie Burger - Australia Day Special
|Minced meat||250 Gram|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , chopped finely|
|Weetabix||40 Gram, crushed (2 bars)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Tomato sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon (1-2)|
|Eggs||1 , lightly beaten|
|Pepper||To Taste (about 12 grinds)|
|Salt||3 Pinch (1-3)|
|Cooking spray||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|Cheese slices||15 Gram (2)|
|Lettuce||20 Gram (as needed)|
|Bacon||20 Gram (as needed)|
|Pineapple chunks||15 Gram (as needed)|
|Beetroot||20 Gram (few slices as needed)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine meat, red onion, weetabix, parsley, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Roll mixture into patties.
3. Place a frying pan on medium flame and spray oil in it.
4. Place patties in pan, flatten and cook for about 90 seconds per side.
5. In the last 60 seconds, place cheese on top of patties and continue cooking.
6. Place patty on the bun and top it with lettuce, tomato slices, beet slices, pineapple, and bacon strips. Cover the bun with top slice.
7. Serve burger immediately with tomato sauce.
Calories 697 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.9%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.1 mg75.7%
Sodium 1223.6 mg51%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 46 g91.2%
Vitamin A 40.5% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet