1. Using a sharp knife, slice the onion and set aside
2. Grill the beef patties on preheated grill and allow to cook for 5 to 10 minutes each side or until cooked to desired doneness.
3. Top each burger patty with one type of cheese and allow the cheese to melt.
4. As the cheese melts, place burgers off the flame and leave to rest.
5. In a non-stick pan over medium low heat, cook bacon slices until browned.
6. Remove the bacon slices, and drain on kitchen paper towel.
7. In the same pan sauté half of the garlic and onion for about 5 to 10 minutes or until it caramelizes.
8. In another pan, heat olive oil and sauté remaining garlic and mushroom for about 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
9. On the grill place the burger bun for about 1 minute or until they are hot and get grill marks.
10. Put the blue cheese burger under preheated salamander and for about 30 seconds or until the cheese starts to melt.
11. Place each burger over a burger bun base and serve topped with desired topping.
12. Serve the burgers with chips or nuggets as desired.