Saturday Chefs - Tuna Burgers with Umami Ketchup and Pickled Windset Veggies
|For pickled veggies|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet pepper||2 , seeded, thinly sliced (Maestro sweet bell peppers)|
|Cucumber||1 , thinly sliced (Fresco seedless cucumber)|
|For umami ketchup|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped (small)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes on the vine||2 , chopped (Windset)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|White miso paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Sriracha chili sauce||2 Teaspoon (1-2 teaspoon or more to taste)|
|For tuna burger|
|Albacore tuna fillet||200 Gram (4)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter lettuce leaves||100 Gram (4 large Delicato Living butter lettuce leaves)|
|Tomatoes on the vine||1 , sliced|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||8 , shredded|
For Pickled Veggies:
1. Place a small saucepan on flame, add water, sugar, and vinegar in it. Bring it to a boil.
2. Remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool.
3. Throw pepper and cucumber in pan. Place the pan in refrigerator for 2 hours. You can also keep it in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
For Umami Ketchup:
1. Place a small saute pan on medium heat, and melt butter in it.
2. Drop shallots and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes.
3. Add tomato, salt, and sugar. Stir and cook for 10 minutes or until the mixture is fairly dry. Remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool.
4. In blender, drop tomato mixture, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, miso, and sriracha. Blend until smooth.
For Tuna Burger:
1. Drizzle olive oil on tuna fillets and season it with salt.
2. Preheat grill to medium/high.
3. Place tuna on grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side for medium rare or longer for desired doneness.
4. Spread Umami ketchup on each side of burger buns.
5. Top it with lettuce, tomato slice and veggies.
6. Serve tuna burger with cilantro and mint garnish.