How to Cook Fish Burgers with Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayo
|White fish fillets||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), Defrosted|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste (or lemon pepper)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or as needed)|
|Lime||1⁄2 , juice extracted|
|Oatmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (season it with spices if desired)|
|Olive oil/Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (or more if required)|
|Crusty bread||200 Gram (4 slices,or use burger bun)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Brussel sprouts||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Lettuce||50 Gram (as needed)|
|Cilantro||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Hot sauce||To Taste|
1. Defrost fish and pat it dry. Chop fish into small chunks.
2. In food processor, pulse oatmeal to resemble crumb mixture. Season it with salt and pepper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add chopped fish, black pepper, parsley, dill, and cayenne pepper.
4. Add breadcrumbs and lime juice. Mix to combine. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
5. Divide fish mixture into two equal half and roll them into patties.
6. In a large bowl lay oatmeal, and roll patties in it. Place the patties in refrigerator for 15-60 minutes.
7. Place a medium-large frying pan on medium low flame, and pour olive oil in it.
8. Drop patties in pan and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides.
9. In a separate pan, heat olive oil on low flame and toast bread slices in it. Flip and add more oil if required.
10. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, cook Brussels sprouts in salty water for 5 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and set aside.
11. Put butter, black pepper, and salt in Brussels sprouts. Mix well.
12. For cilantro lime mayo, in a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, cilantro, pepper, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce.
13. On bread slices spread mayo and top it with fish patties. Add lettuce leaf, hot sauce, and cilantro. Cover the sandwich with another bread slice.
14. Serve sandwich with boiled Brussels sprouts.
You can use shrimp, crab or any kind of fish if desired.
You can put the patties in oven for 3-5 minutes and then turn the oven to broil and cook further for a couple of minutes.
Top patties with cheese, if desired and broil until cheese melt.
Calories 1189 Calories from Fat 591
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.6%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.8 mg47.9%
Sodium 1352.9 mg56.4%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.4%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 50 g100.4%
Vitamin A 120.6% Vitamin C 204.8%
Calcium 65.1% Iron 165.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet