Ribeye Burgers stuffed with Bourbon-Braised Bacon
|Bacon slab||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bourbon bernaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple cider||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||2 Ounce|
|Rib eye steaks/Ground beef||2 Pound, finely chopped|
|Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
|Blue brie cheese||200 Gram, sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Shallot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Bourbon bernaise||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg yolks||6 , beaten|
|Butter||24 Tablespoon, clarified|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Bourbon bernaise||1 Teaspoon|
|Lettuce leaves||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||2 , sliced|
|Prosciutto||100 Gram, baked|
1. In a Dutch oven add in the bacon slab and braise on high. When all the fat is rendered take out the slabs and set aside. Turn off the stove and pour the fat in a jar.
2. Place the Dutch oven again on heat and add in the bacon slabs, onion, bourbon bernaise, apple cider and maple syrup. Turn down the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer for 120 minutes.
3. Take out the bacon from the pan and place over a chopping board. Pull with the help of two forks as shown in the video. Place the bacon in a bowl and set aside.
4. In a large bowl take the steak; add in the chives, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well all the ingredients and set aside.
5. Make 2 identical patties from the steak mixture and roll an egg in the center. Take handful of pulled bacon and place over one patty. And seal with another patty, repeat the process with rest of the mixture. Set aside.
6. For reduction – in a saucepan add in the olive oil, shallot, tarragon and peppercorn. Sauté until shallots become translucent.
7. Add in the bourbon and vinegar, simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Strain the reduction and place in a small bowl.
9. In a medium bowl add in the egg yolks and whisk until light.
10. Add in 1 tbsp. of the reduction and place on a double boiler, whisking continuously. Double boil for 10 minutes.
11. Stream the butter slowly while whisking the egg mixture.
12. Season the mixture with kosher salt, chives, bourbon and vinegar. Whisk well and set aside.
13. In a skillet melt the butter and place the steak patties. Cook for 10 minutes turning the sides.
14. Lay down the patties over the foil lined baking dish and top with blue cheese. Broil in oven for 10 minutes.
15. Meanwhile in the same skillet place in the buns and toast.
16. Pour in the mayonnaise over the bottom bun and spread with spoon. Top with lettuce, onion, steak patties and prosciutto. Seal with the top bun.
17. Serve Ribeye Burgers with potato crisps and enjoy!
Calories 1501 Calories from Fat 1075
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186.2%
Saturated Fat 60.9 g304.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 494 mg164.7%
Sodium 1801.8 mg75.1%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 47 g94.5%
Vitamin A 104.7% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 27.4% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet