Veggie Burgers with Kids
|Cooked black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Cooked white beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, dice|
|Cooked brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, chop|
|Nutritional yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1 Large, dice|
|Corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hail mary chili pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a big bowl, add the black beans, white beans and diced onion and mash together.
2. Add the brown rice, oats, bread crumbs, garlic, nutritional yeast soy sauce, tomato, corn, cilantro and spices and combine together.
3. Make patties out of the burger mix.
4 Lay out hail mary chili pecans on a plate.
5. Roll the patties in the hail mary chili pecans.
6. Heat oil in a pan on high.
7. Place the patties in the pan and heat for 5 minutes until golden brown.
8. Slit the buns into half.
9. Add the patties to the buns.
10. Plate and serve as a snack.
Calories 1097 Calories from Fat 407
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.9%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1132.4 mg47.2%
Total Carbohydrates 152 g50.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.7 g82.9%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 27 g54.4%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet