Ragda Petis - Potato Patties with Gravy
|For the potato patties|
|Potatoes||3 Large, boiled|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Amchur powder/Lime juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (dry mango powder)|
|Green chilli paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Mint leaves||1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Chickpea flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the ragda|
|Green peas||2 Cup (32 tbs), dry (soaked overnight)|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||1 Large (stalk)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Date and tamarind chutney||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander and mint chutney||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curd||1 Cup (16 tbs), beaten (mixed with little water)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Coriander leaves||2 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
|Sev||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, add the boiled potatoes and mash well using a potato masher.
2. Add in the cumin powder, turmeric powder, amchoor powder, green chilli paste, salt, coriander leaves, mint leaves, cornstarch and chickpea flour. Mix well and combine into a soft mixture that can form patties.
3. Using well oiled hands, make patties from this mixture and place them on a plate.
4. In a skillet, heat oil and place the patties and pan fry them on both sides for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
5. For the ragda: In a pressure cooker, heat oil, add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves, turmeric powder, potatoes, dry peas with water, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 - 6 whistles.
6. Once the pressure comes down in the cooker, open and pour the contents into a bowl.
7. Plate 2 aloo patties, pour the radga on the side or over the patties, garnish it with some onions and tomatoes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of date imli chutney, beaten curd, coriander and mint chutney, sev and chopped coriander leaves and serve.