Learn How to Make a roasted portobello mushroom burger with aged swiss cheese and balsamic grilled sweet onions and a side of rosemary potatoes.
For the mushroom swiss burger:
Portabella mushroom cap
1 Small, slice
1 Medium, slice
For the side:
3 Medium, dice
2 Medium, chop
1. In a bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, sugar and oil and pour into a ziplock bag.
2. Add the sweet onion and portebello mushroom into the ziplock bag and place in the refrigerator to marinade for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
4. For the side: In a bowl, add the garlic, red potatoes, rosemary and olive oil.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
7. For the burger: Shape the hamburger meat into 2 patties.
8. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
9. Add the patties to a hot grill of 400-450 degrees fahrenheit and cook on both sides for 3-5 minutes.
10. Add the marinated portbello mushrooms and onions to the grill.
11 Baste the hamburger meat with the marinade sauce.
12. Add the hamburger buns and baste with the same vinaigarette.
13. Assemble the burger with the hamburger meat, cheese slices, mushroom and onions.
14. Add the tomato and lettuce to the other side of the burger buns
15. Plate the hamburger with a portion of the roasted red potatoes and serve as main course.