I hear all the time from parents that their kids "just don't like meat!" For all those children and parents out there that want a delicious burger without the red meat, this one's for you! These Eggplant Burgers are easy to prepare, freeze and will fulfill your craving for a big juicy one!
2 Tablespoon, divided
1 Medium, cubed
1 Clove (5 gm), minced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated
Whole wheat breadcrumbs
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and saute cubed eggplants.
2. Add minced garlic, salt and sauté for a while.
3. Add 1 tbsp of water and cover. Cook until eggplant is fork tender. Keep aside to cool.
4. In a food processor blend the egg plant and remaining ingredients. Make burger patties with it.
5. Heat about 1-2 tsps of oil in a large sauté pan and fry eggplant patties until golden brown.
7. Put the burgers together with cheese, tomato, lettuce, ketchup and pickles. Serve with chips ot french fries.
- To freeze place the cooked patties on a baking sheet, freeze for 1 hour and place in a Ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 3-4 months.