|Salmon||400 Gram (skinless chunks)|
|Red onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Bread slice||1 , torn into small pieces|
|Egg white||1 Medium|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the cous-cous|
|Cous cous||150 Gram|
|Red currants||50 Gram (fresh ones)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the burgers|
|Yellow pepper||1 Medium|
|Asparagus spears||6 Medium|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (for frying patties)|
|Ciabatta bread/Focaccia bread||2 , toasted (Rolls)|
|Rocket lettuce/Fresh baby spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the mayonnaise dip|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh mint||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Fresh basil||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Orange||1 Small, zested and juiced|
|Lime||1 Small, zested and juiced|
1. Combine onion, tablespoon basil, bread pieces, salmon, black pepper and egg white in a food chopper or processor. Chop until minced
2. Make round patties with the fish mixture. Place them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, combine mayonnaise, basil and mint in a bowl. Add teaspoon each of orange and lime zest then squeeze orange and lime juice in. Mix it well. Let chill in the refrigerator.
4. Cover cous-cous with boiling water. Let sit covered for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff the soaked cous cous with a fork and add in the basil, mint, red currants, olive oil, lime juice and zest, orange juice and zest and cracked pepper. Mix it well.
6. Heat two pans. In one add diced bell pepper and asparagus and saute till tender crisp.
7. In the second pan fry the salmon patties in olive oil, 3-4 minutes on each side.
8. Take out the yellow pepper and asparagus in a bawl and add a teaspoon of butter.
9. To put the burgers together, put the buns serving plates, spread the prepared mayonnaise, top with rocket or spinach, tomato slices and yellow pepper. Now place a salmon patti over each bun base. Close with the other half of the bun.
10. Serve the burgers with the remaining peppers, and asparagus and the cous-cous on the side.