You'll want to load up your freezer with these yummy turkey breakfast sausage patties because they are that yummy. Breakfast sausage made from scratch is always the best and this recipe is so easy and quick.
1. In a large bowl place ground turkey; set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix together spices.
3. Add spices to ground turkey and mix until spices are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
4. Mix in olive oil if using. (this add extra moisture)
5. Shape turkey sausage into small patties.
6. Fry up a small sample patty to test out the seasonings. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
7. Refrigerate overnight.
8. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter on medium heat.
9. Place sausages into the hot skillet and cook until browned and the middle is no longer pink.
10. Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the patty about 5 minutes on each side.
11. Be careful not to overcook or the sausages will be dry in texture.
12. Let sausage drain on paper towels.
13. In a serving plate, serve the turkey patties with bread and egg or on toast.
This can also be frozen before frying for future use.