Vegan Lentil Burgers
|Lentil||8 Ounce, boiled|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, grated|
|Raw beet||1 Small, grated|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Scallion||2 Medium, chopped|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Regular salt||3 Teaspoon, divided (2- PATTIES; 1- LLAJWA)|
|Roma tomato||4 Small, peeled (FOR LLAJWA)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Large, seeded, membrane removed (locoto, jalapeno or Serrano , FOR LLAJWA)|
|Cilantro sprigs/Parsley/ mint||5 Medium (FOR LLAJWA)|
1. In a food processor place 2/3 of the cooked lentils and puree.
2. Place it in a bowl with all of the other ingredients – except the olive oil. Mix well.
3. Make 10 patties and refrigerate them for about 30 minutes.
4. LLAJWA: In a food processor put all ingredients and process until smooth but not liquid (Use as a topping for your burger or as a salsa with some bread and butter).
5. Heat a skillet with the olive oil.
6. Fry the patties, at medium heat, until browned for about 5 minutes.
7. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes or until the other side browns as well.
8. In as serving plate, serve the patties in a sandwich or with a salad. It can be topped it with llajwa – Bolivian salsa or any other topping of choice.
Calories 158 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 629.3 mg26.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.7%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet