Perfect Burger And Super-Fast Buns
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (for bun)|
|Warm water||18 Tablespoon (1 cup + 1 tablespoon for bun)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for bun)|
|Granulated sugar||3 Tablespoon (for bun)|
|Egg||2 Large, divided (for bun)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (for bun)|
|Whole wheat flour/All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (white for bun)|
|Onion||1 Medium, slice (for burger)|
|Tomato||1 Large, slice (for burger)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for burger)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, juice extracted (for burger)|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon (for burger)|
|Ground chuck||1 Pound (for burger)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Tablespoon (for burger)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (for burger)|
|Cheese||100 Gram, slice|
|Arugula herb||10 Gram|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix yeast and water.
3. Add butter, and sugar in it. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
4. Put egg, salt, and flour. Using dough hook attachment of your mixer, blend to form a soft dough.
5. Divide dough into 10-12 pieces. Roll to form ball. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place dough on it.
6. With a kitchen towel, cover the dough balls. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
7. In a small bowl crack egg, and beat it well.
8. Brush egg wash on dough balls.
9. Pop baking sheet into oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
10. For topping, season onion and tomato with salt. Keep it aside.
11. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic.
12. Season with salt and pepper. Mix it well and place it in refrigerator.
13. Gently roll ground chuck into patties. Liberally sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
14. Place a frying pan on medium high heat, and pour oil in it. Place patties in pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
15. Lay cheese slice on top of patties ,and cook until it melts.
16. Cut buns from center, and toast them in the same pan.
17. Place bun on a tray, spoon mayo mixture on the bottom slice. Put tomato, patties, onion, and arugula on top.
18. Cover it with the top slice.
19. Serve burger hot with tomato sauce.
10 dough balls will make larger buns, and if you roll dough into 12 balls then you will have smaller buns.
If you have time in your hand then let the dough rest for longer. This will enhance its flavour.
You can sprinkle sesame seed or poppy seed on bun after applying egg wash.
Cooking time will depend on the size of your patties.