Burgers are a very frugal way to feed the family. This recipe mixes sausage with beef so the end result is absolutely perfect. There are a few tricks to make the perfect, juicy burger.
2 Pound, casings removed
Scallions (green and white)
3 Medium, chopped
4 Clove (20 gm), minced (Optional)
1 Pinch (to taste)
Hamburger condiment spread
1 Medium, sliced thinly
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a bowl put all ingredients and mix well. Form patties and make an indentation in the middle.
2. Brush some olive oil on a skillet or griddle and heat it well.
3. Add the patties and cook them for about 5 minutes or until you can actually see they are cooked up to the middle.
4. Flip the patties and cook them for another 5 minutes. Make sure they are completely cooked through as they are made with pork and cannot be eaten medium rare.
5. Take the roll.
6. Smear the bottom and top of a hamburger roll with some hamburger condiment.
7. Place a lettuce leaf on the top roll. Place a patty on the bottom one.
8. Top with tomato, onion and pickles. Cover.
9. On a serving plate serve each burger with fries and drinks.