Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, takes you on a trip to the State of Kansas, the birthplace of an American classic - the slider or mini burger. Join Stephanie as she creates the perfect appetizer for the Super Bowl, bridal showers, cocktail parties... the options are endless- seafood mini burgers with soy bacon and avocado that are sure to send your taste buds over the rainbow!
36 Ounce (salmon, shrimp, pacific cod and sea scallops)
250 Gram (in 1 package 8 slices cut in half)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 Teaspoon, granulated
2 Teaspoon, ground
2 Tablespoon (or to taste)
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (2 tbspn per slider)
Mini burger buns
1. Roughly chop onion, saute in olive oil until softened and let it to cool.
2. Process the seafood- salmon, shrimp, pacific cod and sea scallops one at a time in the food processor.
3. To a bowl add processed seafood mixture and then add garlic, ground shrimp cilantro panko crumbs sauted onion, pepper and salt and blend.
4. Add lemon zest and 1/3 lemon juice blend and place in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
5. Cook soy bacon as per package directions.
6. To a hot pan add oil and cook adding a tablespoon of seafood mix, turn after 2 minutes and cook for 2 more minutes. Taste and check for seasoning.
7. Adjust the seasoning of the mixture as per your taste, add the remaining lemon juice, mix and then form patties.
8. Cook the patties in an oiled pan on medium high heat and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
9. Add buns to the same pan and toast for about 3 minutes.
10. On a serving dish place the grilled buns, spread avocado, then top with shredded cheese, soy bacon and seafood patties and seal with the other bun.