Michael Jackson's Black Bean Veggie Burgers
|Black beans||16 Ounce|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Medium|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Medium|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vital wheat gluten||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Leveled) (as required)|
1. Mash up black beans in a bowl.
2. Finely chop red onion, red bell pepper, de-seeded jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Mix these in.
3. Add bread crumbs, water, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Mix well.
4. Add 1/2 cup of vital wheat gluten, which will help to really hold the burgers together.
5. In a frying pan pour olive oil, form patties from mixture.
6. Cook the burgers at a medium-high heat until they start to crisp up.
7. Serve hot with Ketchup.
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 82 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.1 g72.6%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 37 g74.7%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 22.5%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet