You'll love this vegetarian version of sloppy joes with mushroom, peppers and onions. It's satisfying and healthy at the same time.
Please See Video
1) Chop the mushrooms into small pieces.
2) Spray a pot with cooking spray and place on medium heat.
3) Add in the mushrooms and let cook for 5-7 minutes.
4) Add in the garlic, onion, peppers and season with salt and pepper, cook 5-7 minutes.
5) For the sauce, combine tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire to a bowl and mix well.
6) Add the tomato paste to the veggies and let cook 1-2 minutes.
7) Add sauce and let it cook and thicken for 2 minutes.
8) Add in the thyme and red pepper flakes.
Who says that only meat burgers are delicious? Try out Nikki’s vegetarian version of a typical sloppy Joe. This is so simple and looks so delicious…even the kids will love it! Try this out and you will be making it more often than you think!