Juicy Habanero Turkey Cheese Burger
|Extra lean ground turkey||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Chile powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Habanero pepper||1⁄2 , finely chopped (Optional)|
|Smoked cheese||4 Ounce (Provolone, Cheddar, or Gouda)|
|Kaiser rolls||4 , toast|
|For the roasted pepper mayo sauce|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roasted red pepper||1 (canned or jarred)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Mince the garlic and finely chop the parsley and habanero chile, remove the seeds and keep it aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine turkey, garlic, chile powder, thyme, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper and the habanero chili (wear gloves while chopping the chili)
3. Mix all the ingredients with you hand and do not over mix it.
4. Once done, divide the mixture into four portions and form each patty into round shape.
5. Make a dent in the center of each patty as this will keep the patty from plumping up in the middle.
6. Preheat a large pan or skillet over medium heat and cook the patty approximately 7 to 8 minutes on the first side.
7. In the meantime in a food processor blend Mayonnaise, Roasted Red Pepper, Kosher Salt and black pepper.
8. Blend the mixture until smooth until slightly chunky or smooth
9. Toast the Kaiser rolls in the broiler for few minutes.
10. And then carefully turn the patties over, place the cheese on the top of each patty and allow them to cook for another 6 to 7 minutes.
11. Once the patties are done and the cheese is melted, place each patty on a toasted bun.
12. Top it with Roasted Pepper Mayo Sauce, lettuce, tomato slices, and pickles.
Calories 893 Calories from Fat 540
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.9%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.7 mg41.2%
Sodium 2179.6 mg90.8%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 46 g92.8%
Vitamin A 51.8% Vitamin C 55.1%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet