Healthy Lentil Burgers
|Lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Fresh bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Steak sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||3 Drop|
1. In a saucepan add water and cook lentils with a pinch of salt for 25 minutes. Cook till lentils turn tender.
2. Drain. Mash lentils well.
3. In a medium size skills add 1 tablespoon of butter. Heat to melt.
4. Add garlic and onions.
5. Saute for 3 minutes and stir the lentils.
6. Add next 7 ingredients and mix well.
7. Shape the mixture into patties.
8. Add 2 tablespoon of butter and fry the patties till they are brown. Lift the patties occasionally, so that they do not stick to the pan.
9. Serve healthy lentil burgers over buns or bread with onions and tomatoes.