|Minced onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White bread slice||4|
|Ground veal||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Matzo meal/Cracker meal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat buns||8|
1) Take a pan and heat fat in it. Add onions and cook until brown.
2) Take a bowl and dampen bread in it. Mash until smooth.
3) Add veal, browned onions, salt, 2 eggs and pepper. Mix nicely.
4) Shape the mixture into 8 hamburgers.
5) Dip hamburgers in the remaining beaten egg and then in meal.
6) Take a skillet and heat remaining fat in it. Cook over low heat until brown on both sides.
7) Place burgers between whole wheat buns and serve with ketchup.