|Minced onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White bread slice||4|
|Ground veal||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Matzo meal/Cracker meal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat buns||8|
1) Take a pan and heat fat in it. Add onions and cook until brown.
2) Take a bowl and dampen bread in it. Mash until smooth.
3) Add veal, browned onions, salt, 2 eggs and pepper. Mix nicely.
4) Shape the mixture into 8 hamburgers.
5) Dip hamburgers in the remaining beaten egg and then in meal.
6) Take a skillet and heat remaining fat in it. Cook over low heat until brown on both sides.
7) Place burgers between whole wheat buns and serve with ketchup.
Calories 547 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg52.9%
Sodium 701 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 29 g57.3%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.3% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet