|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, drained, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Yellow mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Instant oats||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, mash black beans with a fork until mostly pureed but with some half beans and bean parts left.
4. Stir in condiments and spices until well combined, then mix in oats.
5. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into thin patties.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip over, and bake for another 5 minutes, or until crusty on the outside.
7. Slap onto a bun with extra condiments and eat!
Nutritional Information (1 burger): 109 Calories, 0.5g Fat, 17.6g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 2.2g Sugars, 5g Protein
This recipe was excerpted from Everyday Happy Herbivore. To purchase the book, visit www.amazon.com.
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.89 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.78%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 499.5 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 0.77%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet