|Tomato sauce with mushrooms||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Hamburger buns||6 , split and toasted|
|Processed american cheese slice||6|
|Dill pickle slices||6|
1) In a small saucepan, add tomato sauce, sugar, and oregano. Keep away 1/3 cup mixture and keep aside.
2) Cook the mixture on low heat until heated properly. Stir frequently. Turn off heat, keep warm.
3) In a bowl, mix beef, 1/3 cup reserved sauce, salt, and pepper. Make 6 patties of about 3/4 inch thickness.
4) Broil the patties 5 inch away from heat for 5 minutes on each side or until done.
5) Put the patties on bottom half of the bun and place cheese slice, onion and pickle on top.
6) Broil them until cheese melts and put some sauce over it. Cover with top half of the buns.
7) Serve the burgers with some salad.
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.7%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.2 mg36.4%
Sodium 853.8 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 27 g53.7%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 8.6%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet