|Sliced process american cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
1. Using a knife, score each frankfurter lengthwise, in a butterfly fashion.
2. Then, cut cheese into 8 even-wide strips; stuff one into each frankfurter.
3. Add salt and pepper and season ground beef; make into 8 even mounds.
4. Keep each mound between two squares of wax paper; press into a large patty about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Wrap each patty around the middle of a stuffed frankfurter, using wax paper as a rolling guide. Note that the ends of frankfurters will be uncovered.
6. Keep the meat in a lightly greased large shallow baking pan.
7. Bake for 12 minutes, or until beef is done as you like it and frankfurters are puffy hot.
8. Serve hot. But you may serve them plain or in frankfurter rolls with prepared mustard or bottled catsup if you like.