|Sliced process american cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350° F.
1. Using a knife, score each frankfurter lengthwise, in a butterfly fashion.
2. Then, cut cheese into 8 even-wide strips; stuff one into each frankfurter.
3. Add salt and pepper and season ground beef; make into 8 even mounds.
4. Keep each mound between two squares of wax paper; press into a large patty about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Wrap each patty around the middle of a stuffed frankfurter, using wax paper as a rolling guide. Note that the ends of frankfurters will be uncovered.
6. Keep the meat in a lightly greased large shallow baking pan.
7. Bake for 12 minutes, or until beef is done as you like it and frankfurters are puffy hot.
8. Serve hot. But you may serve them plain or in frankfurter rolls with prepared mustard or bottled catsup if you like.
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.7%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.9 mg33.6%
Sodium 1168 mg48.7%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.05 g0.22%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 21 g43%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet