|Parsnips||6 Medium, scrubbed|
|Thick cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a pot boil the parsnips in salted water until tender.
2. Drain the water, let it cool down, peel and make it into mash.
3. Into the mash add the cream, flour and seasonings.
4. Divide into 8 parts and shape into patties.
5. In a non stick pan heat butter and cook slowly for nice golden brown colour and crisp crust on both the sides, about 5 minutes on each side.
6. Serve hot with a crisp salad or French fries and your favourite sauce or even ketchup.
If parsnips have woody cores, cut in half lengthwise, and strip out the tough fibres; the mash should be 2 cups.
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.2 mg19.1%
Sodium 756.3 mg31.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.2%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 42.8%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet