|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lean beef||2 Pound, ground|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a bowl, mix together mushroom, chives and garlic powder.
2) Divide the meat into 4 parts and flatten each part into a 4 inch square.
3) Place ¼ of the mushroom mixture onto each beef square.
4) Fold the meat, covering the mushroom mixture and securing the edges.
5) Shape each meat part into oval shape.
6) Dredge the meat with salt and pepper, place on the broiling pan.
7) Place the pan, under broiler about 3 inches from heat.
8) Broil for 15 to 20 minutes, turning as required until desired doneness.
9) Serve hot with small mixed salad.