Beer Sauced Burgers
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Green pepper||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Hamburger buns||6 , split and toasted|
1. In small saucepan cook onion and green pepper in butter or margarine till tender but not brown.
2. In a bowl combine catsup, cornstarch and Worcestershire sauce and stir into vegetables in saucepan.
3. Add beer and heat, stirring constantly, till mixture just starts to boil.
4. In a bowl combine beef and salt and shape into 1/2 inch thick 6 patties.
5. Coat with beer sauce and grill over medium coals 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Turn and continue grilling for 6 to 8 minutes till desired doneness is attained brushing occasionally with sauce.
7. Serve burgers in hamburger buns and spoon over more hot beer sauce.