|Beef||1 Pound, minced|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (1 rounded teaspoon)|
|Bread slice||1 (from a large loaf)|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (4 tablespoons)|
|Onion||1 Small (optional)|
1) In a bowl, combine minced beef, salt and pepper.
2) In another bowl, soak the bread in milk.
3) Add the soaked bread and egg into the minced meat by beating.
4) In a fine grater, grate the onion, if using. Add to the mix.
5) Combine all together and divide into 8 parts.
6) On a floured board, shape each part into a flat cake.
7) To store the burgers in refrigerator, place plastic tissue in between the burgers and then wrap in foil to freeze. To use in burger, grill or fry from frozen for 15 minutes.
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.3 mg20.8%
Sodium 546.8 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 2% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet