|Parsnips||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Toasted hazelnuts||3 Ounce, finely grated|
1) Carefully peel the parsnips, and cut into half. Remove the woody cores, if you are using old parsnips.
2) Chop them roughly.
3) In a very large bowl, add the chopped parsnips along with 1/2 pint of salted water.
4) To this, add the lemon juice.
5) On high power, cook covered for 13 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
6) Drain the parsnips thoroughly.
7) With a potato masher, mash the cooked parsnips.
8) To this, beat in the butter and egg.
9) Add salt and pepper to taste.
10) With hands, shape into 6 patties.
11) On a sheet of non-stick vegetable parchment or cling-film, spread the hazelnuts.
12) On these nuts, stand the patties and then coat on all sides by turning over gently. You can use a palette knife to do this.
13) On a shallow dish, arrange the patties
14) On high power, cook for 4 minutes.
15) Serve the Parsnip Patties along with lemon and parsley sauce or tomato and sage sauce.
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.3 mg27.8%
Sodium 113 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.6%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 7 g13.9%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 50.6%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet