Apple Beef Patties
|Beef||1 Pound, ground|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple rings||5 Ounce, spiced (5 rings, 1/2 jar)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl combine beef, rice, egg, Worcestershire sauce, water and salt.
2. Shape into 5 thick patties and place in shallow baking pan.
3. Drain 5 apple rings, reserving.1/2 cup syrup and press 1 ring onto each patty.
4. Bake uncovered at 350° for 35 minutes.
5. In saucepan combine reserved apple syrup, corn syrup and lemon juice.
6. Stir 2 tea spoons cold water into cornstarch and add to syrup mixture.
7. Cook stirring till thickened and bubbly, spoon syrup mixture onto meat and bake for 5 minutes.
8. Serve the beef hot spooning the sauce around.