Cajun Turkey Burgers
|Ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Button mushroom||4 Ounce, minced or chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, minced or chopped|
|Bbq sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, cracked|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
|Whole wheat hamburger buns||4|
|Beefsteak tomato||1 , sliced (For Garnish)|
|Red onion||1 , sliced (For Garnish)|
|Butter lettuce head||1 (For Garnish)|
1. Using hands or a large wooden spoon, in a medium bowl, blend turkey, mushrooms, and onions with spices, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings
2. Shape into 4 patties of equal size.
3. Heat a saute pan on medium to high heat or a grill.
4. Add patties sprayed with cooking oil spray and cook in the grill or saute pan for 14 minutes, turning halfway through.
5. Place the buns on a cookie sheet under the broiler and warm on lower level.
6. Arrange the patties ion buns, garnish each with 1 slice of tomato, red onion, and butter leaf lettuce and serve with a sauce of your choice.
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg29.9%
Sodium 413.1 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 30 g60.6%
Vitamin A 136.8% Vitamin C 46%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet