|Idaho mashed potato granules||4 Ounce (French'S, 1 Envelope)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Minced onions||1 Tablespoon (French'S)|
|Canned tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|American cheese slices/Tartar sauce||4 Ounce (For Garnish)|
1. Drain tuna and flake into chunks, removing bones and skin if any.
2. Prepare the mashed potatoes according to package instructions, reducing the water content to not more that 1 cup, to get a fairly stiff mash. Let the mash cool.
3. In a bowl, combine the flaked tuna with prepared mashed potatoes, egg and onions.
4. Season to taste if required.
5. Mix lightly but thoroughly with a fork.
6. Lightly grease your hands then divide mixture into 6 equal portions.
7. Shape each portion into a 1/2-inch thick patty.
8. Place on a plate and refrigerate until ready to fry.
9. Just before serving, in a frying pan, heat the oil.
10. Arrange patties in hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden and crisp, carefully turning with a pancake turner.
11. Serve the cakes hot topped with half a slice of cheese each or tartar sauce of if you like.