The 21 Club Burgers
|Beef sirloin||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Beef||2 1⁄2 Pound, freshly ground (Equal Parts Sirloin And Top Round)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Dried thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Rustic italian bread slices||4 (1/2-Inch Thickness And 5-Inches Diameter)|
|Beefsteak tomatoes||2 , sliced 1/2 inch thick|
|Red onion||1 , sliced to 4 slices, 1/2 inch thick|
1) Get the grill ready.
2) Shape the ground beef into 4 round patties of uniform 1 1/2 inch thickness with your hands.
3) Brush the burger patties with a little oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
4) Slightly grease the grill rack and and cook the burgers for about 8 minutes on each side for medium and about 10 minutes for well done.
5) In a bowl, mix dried thyme to 1/4 cup olive oil and brush the bread slices, tomato and onions slices with the oil.
6) Season the tomatoes and onions with salt and pepper.
7) Grill the bread, onion and tomatoes on both sides till slightly golden brown.
8) Place a burger on a slice of grilled bread and place a tomato and onion slice over it before covering with the other half of the bread.